Wednesday, February 22, 2012


An Extremely Horrible Day



My day started out just like any day typically does.  Each morning, I awake before the birds even have a chance to started chirping.  I usually jump in the shower half asleep, while trying to get myself motivated for the day.  As I sipped on my coffee this morning, I decided to map out my surgery schedule. Today was going to busy, but I was mentally preparing myself for the craziness. As a veterinarian technician, one of my job duties is to assist the doctor with his surgeries. My surgery schedule consisted of an orthopedic surgery, a mass removal, dental cleanings and an ovarian hysterectomy.  

The morning started off great. The staff was in a great mood, the surgeries were flowing smoothly, and the pets were recovering from anesthesia well. After all the surgeries were finished, I proceeded to finish up my daily duties.  So far, this day doesn’t sound like such a bad day, but I assure you; it is a day that will soon be forgotten.

It’s that time of the year again, my birthday. I have been so busy with school; I forgot I needed to get my vehicle tag renewed. I drove to the tag renewal office, only to remember that I haven’t got an emissions test yet. So I turned around, drove to the emissions building, and had it checked. Fortunately, it did pass, but I had to drive back to the tag renewal office again.

Finally, I obtained my renewed vehicle tag. It seemed like forever, but I was finally headed home.  While driving to my house, all I could think about was, the large amount of homework waiting for me. I had an English essay to finish editing, a math test to study for and a communications quiz. Not to mention, the math homework, weekly blog and computer assignments. It wasn’t until I started the finishing touches on my English essay, that my day really started to go bad.

It all began when I flushed a tissue down the toilet in my bathroom. The toilet immediately filled up with dark water, until it was almost overflowing out the top. Little did I know at the time, that my guest bathroom was doing the same thing? I did what any normal person would do, I quickly grabbed the plunger. As I kept plunging away at the toilet, I heard noises coming from the bathtub. And yep, there it was, black and brown disgusting water filling up my bathtubs with ease.  I have only been a homeowner for about 5 years, and I have to admit, this is the first issue I have had to deal with.

After much consideration, I decided that trying to fix it myself, was not going to be a good idea. I called various plumbers, trying to figure out a solution to the problem. Not only do I work as a veterinary technician, I am also a pet sitter. Before I could even try to fix the plumbing problem, I had to go pet sitting first. Even though my pet sitting client lives only five minutes away, I managed to hit a deer with my car. The deer ran right in front of my car along with two others trailing behind.  After the deer was struck by my car, my heart dropped and the adrenaline started rising. I slammed on my brakes and watched the other two deer run by. Luckily, the deer ran off, so I’m assuming he wasn’t hurt. I looked at the damage on my car, and all I noticed was a few scratches that were most likely caused by the deer’s antlers.

By the time I got done with pet sitting, and was able to meet with the plumber, it was around 11:00 p.m. All I kept thinking was seriously? Why me? What did I do so wrong? I couldn’t use my own bathroom or even shower, this was ridiculous! After the plumber gave me the large bill to get my pipes unclogged, I was just over it. Of course, I just did my taxes, and paying the plumber was exactly what I wanted to do. It is now about 1:00 a.m. and her I am, still waiting for the plumber to finish up; and still typing this blog. The plumber finally got the pipes unclogged, and apparently there are tree roots growing in the pipes as well.  The plumber told me that I would also need to get my septic tank pumped. Happy birthday to me, I get to spend $500.00 to get my septic tank fixed. Well, tomorrow is a new dawn and a new day. There is no way it could be as horrible as today was!

No comments:

Post a Comment